Saturday, February 17, 2007

Entry for November 10 , 2006

Entry for November 10, 2006
Just a quick update on Caitlin
We went in today to get her second part of her flu shot. She got weighed and she is 14 lbs 2 oz. Still a little peanut but like I said very very fiesty and strong. Well bad news is that because of our insurence being a PPO we will have to pay 10% of her synagis shot for RSV. Supposly I thought the shot was only 1500.00(Still ouch) per shot but nope it depends on the weight of Caitlin and thats how they get her dosage. She is getting her first dosage in the next week and just for this first dosage it is over 2,000.00. Yep so I just found out for this shot I am going to be paying about 215.00 for just one month shot!! Yep so if her dosage increases so does the price. So we are most likley looking at over 1,000.00 for all of the shots she will be getting. Her last shot will probably be in March. Can you say OUCH. The stupid thing about it is that this whole thing has become so frustrating for us. We had no idea that we would be having to be paying out of pocket for these shots. I have been getting so many phone calls just in regards to these visits and can you believe that and actual pharmicist from our Insurance company called and said we just wanted to let you know how much you would be paying because of Caitlin's Weight. So I told them ok , did you want me to stop feeding my child so she doesn't have to get a higher dosage( Seriously???) Frustrating I tell ya!!! We are really starting to get busy now again with appointments. We have got Kidney next week, therapy 1 x a week. We got dentist apts coming up and then 12 mos check up!! Some other stuff to but hey whos counting!!Wooosersss
Well thats it for now

No comments: