Saturday, February 17, 2007

Entry for January 20, 2007

Entry for January 20, 2007
Missing Madilyn today. I of course miss her everyday but I have really been thinking of her so so much today. I just wonder so much how the girls would play together. Caitlin being so strong and energetic I can just picture her crawling all over Madilyn. I just really wish so much Madilyn could be here today with us. I really wish I could of seen her grow up and all of her accomplishments. Maybe its because I have been seeing so many Twins lately and normally I am totaly fine with that but sometimes it really gets me thinking. Here is a wondeful website for infant loss. I even bought a really pretty neckless from here that represents Madilyn, I wear it everyday. http://www.october15th.com/
Also please help support our March of Dimes(walk america) Walkhttp://www.walkamerica.org/melissa319

Dillon and Caitlin

Yep, thats Dillon vaccuming Caitlin

And Dillon vaccuming himself

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


Rash from Caitlin's runny nose
This is a picture of Caitlin's rash on her nose from it being so runny.


Caitlin is still sicky. She has a bit of RSV. So far we haven't had to take her to the hospital and are trying to control it our best with her neublizer treatments(xopenex)She actually slept through the whole night last night,woke up at 7 am. That was something wondeful considering she hasn't been sleeping well at all. We have been doing the pediasure and are hoping that will add some extra calories. Bummer part is she isn't super hungry right now because of how stuffy she is. Not fun at all. I can't wait for her next weight check because I am really anxious for her to gain weight. I am hoping this is just a little set back and we start moving up the weight ladder because if her weight continues this way there are little talks of a G-tube. Thats about it for now. Here is some infor on what a G-Tube is- What is a gastrostomy?
A gastrostomy is a surgically created opening in the stomach. A gastrostomy is needed if:
Your child is not able to eat enough to help him grow. Extra food is then given through the G-tube.
Your child has had a stomach wrap procedure to keep food from coming back up and now needs to get rid of stomach gas through a gastrostomy opening.
Gastrostomy surgery is usually done under a general anesthetic. This means your child will be asleep during the surgery.
What is a G-tube?
A gastrostomy tube, or G-tube, is placed in the surgical opening to help with feeding or venting of stomach gas. There are 2 main types of G-tubes that are placed into the stomach:
A G-tube that is placed in the stomach and has a tube that remains on the outside.
A skin-level G-tube button. It has a cap that opens and closes and a tube that is attached just for feedings. This type of tube may not be placed right away, but may be an option for your child later.









Also please help support our March of Dimes(walk america) Walkhttp://www.walkamerica.org/melissa319

No comments: