Friday, May 12, 2006

Entry For December 14,2005

Entry for December 14, 2005
Caitlin Gean Santillan is here. What a night from yesterday, My fever ended up going down but then Dr.Asrat came in and disscused with me that he would not give me tylenolfor fever again, that it could be masking an infection. he then decided that it would be best if I were to have an amniocintesis so we could check Caitlin's sac to make sure I did not have an infection. At first I did not want to because I was afraid of rupturing but then talked to Jesus and we decided that it was proabably the best thing just in case. Amnio went pretty quickly, hurt a little bit but I tried to stay as still as possible because I did not want a big hole in case I moved. We were suppose to get results within couple hours but needed to wait a couple days for some bacteria part of it. Well first resluts of it came back ok but then I started noticing that I was bleeding more but it was more watery, got me a little worried of course so I kept telling my nurse, she then thought it was possible that i could have ruptured. she then called another peri and they decided to put me in a labor and delivery room, all of a sudden things really started to progress fast. I started getting fast contarctions out of no where and pain after pain. It took them forever to get me an epidural and by that point my contarctions were coming one after the other which seemed like only a minute apart. Finally they came with an epidural but it did not seem to be working at all and each one Caitlin kept coming more down and more down, she was breeched same way as Madilyn was and I had even told the nurse that and begged for a C-section but things happend just way to fast. My water bag totaly ruptured on on of my contractions and I could feel Cailtin moving even more down. Kept yelling she is coming I am not going to make it for my C-section and sure enough I didn't. We got to the operating room but still my epidural was not working and then wam here was Caitlin, feet first into the world at 2:58 am weighing 1 lb 4oz on Decemebr 14,2005. I ended up finding out I got a bad infection so it was for the best to deliver Caitlin. I was crying so much telling them please don't let them give up on her and to fight really hard for her.She is doing good right now, she came out fiesty so they had to give her some medicine to calm her down and get her to relax. She is really pink and she really does look great for being a 24 weeker. We have a long road ahead of us and scary. They said it would be a rollercoaster for a bit, that she is going to have bad days as well as good and we just have to take it day by day. Shbe is on oxegen and all the respirators right now, she has like a saran wrap cover over her to keep her body tempature good because her skin is so so thin. She has so many tubes and a eye mask because her eyes are still fuesed shut, but she really is cute, so small but so cute. Her toes are so long and she wiggles them alot. Well will keep posting and writting about our journey through NICU. I am so happy she is here witj us. Caitlin is such a fighter and we are going to fight with her everyday and leave it in god's hands and just keep praying, she has been such a miracle so far and will continue to be. we love her so much and still can't believe everythign we have been going through just to make it to this point. So here is to a roller coaster ride but will all be worth it just to bring our precious little girl home.

No comments: