Friday, January 26, 2007

Entry for February 15,2006

Entry for February 15, 2006
2lbs 7oz!!!! Caitlin made a huge jump of weight !!!!! that is 1110 grams. I was noticing today how chunky her legs looked even lol.
Caitlin had another check-up on her eyes today and she is at stage II ROP , which means her eyes are making a little bit of a difference and she might possibly need laser surgery to try to help her out a little bit - here are the different stages I found
age 1: blood vessels not completely developed (quite normal for a preemie, isn't it ?)
stage 2: enhanced grow of blood vessels (more than normal)
stage 3: scar tissue, blood vessels affecting the vitreous eventually + sign: additional observations (bleedings, well filled blood vessels, rigid pupil...)
stage 4a: partial retinal detachment (vision loss) by traction of scar tissue in the vitreous
stage 4b: partial retinal detachment involving area of best vision (severe vision loss)
stage 5: complete retinal detachment (no vision)
This is pretty common for preemies and in some way I kind of suspected this so it is ok and thankfully we are catching it early enough to try to do something about it. Normally probably I would have been upset but because I had awhile to research on preemie issues before I had Caitlin , it kind of seems routine and I feel so blessed she hasn't had anything really major yet that some preemies do have.
I even talked to the Neo DR today and he says that Caitlin is a very tough little girl and he is very impressed by her. This Neonontoligist was also over at CHOC and said that when she had first got there he was worried about her because of ventilater and not doing so good, but that she has really been doing great. I am very proud of Caitlin she def is a good girl and has been pretty well behaved. She kept blocking her face today, I guess she was mad at us because she had to have her eye exam so she didn't want anybody to look at her lol.
Well thats about it , I am so tired I will try to find more info about the ROP tomorrow, so it is more understandable but for now I seriously just want to sleep lol

No comments: