Friday, November 16, 2007

No G-Tube!!!

So I guess I totally forgot to update her blog from our apt last week . Thank goodness I had a comment to remind me lol I love hearing feedback from everyone so those who comment thank you very much!!! I love all of the great advice.
OK so No G-tube for us!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Caitlin weighs 20 lbs 1oz and is 32 inches long. So we are getting there!! The Dr was so great. She said considering she was a 24 weeker and only 1 lb 4 oz when Caitlin was born she is doing excellent. She just gave me some advice for some extra calories and told me to keep her on her bottle for at least another 6 months and continue to add the whipping cream to it. The great thing about that is I just found a organic whipping cream at Trader Joe's that also has an additional 10 calories so it is 60 calories per tablespoon ( yummy) I was really happy with the Dr and how she made me feel. She said I was doing an excellent job and Caitlin looks great.

I am just bummed about how the development clinic Dr always makes me feel. She made it seem as though Caitlin was way to small and she should have been caught up by now. Last 2 x she told me how Caitlin's pupils weren't the same size and every single time I have mentioned to her eye Dr he says there is nothing wrong. Thank goodness we are released from development clinic. i love going because we get to see all of Caitlin's old nurses and visit but I always leave feeling so bad once I have actually met with the Dr there . Thank God I have a great pediatrician and other Dr's who are really positive and great with Caitlin.

OK so I will try and post some pictures later , sorry for late update on the G-Tube

1 comment:

Cakes said...

What awesome news! Yay Caitlin!