Monday, March 17, 2008

Sleep Study update

This is Caitlin pocketing her food. Nice big ol ball. I don't remember what she was eating here but this is our everyday. Sometimes she does great other times she forgets she has anything in her mouth













~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had Caitlin's sleep study last Wednesday. It was quite the evening.

First off I have to say we had an awesome tech. He was super patient and super friendly and playful with Caitlin. He kept commenting on Caitlin's behavior saying that she is one of the best baby's that have come for a sleep study. When he was getting all the wires and attachments and putting them on Caitlin she was being so good and letting him do what he needed to do.

We got there about 8 pm and were taken care of right away. I wish I would have brought my camera to take pictures of everything she had on her but I didn't so once she was wired up it took me awhile to get her to fall asleep. She is used to going to bed the same time as Dillon and they normally fall asleep together. So about 10 pm she finally fell asleep but kept coughing we had another cold.

so she fell asleep for a little bit but then guess what happened!!??? She was coughing and then ended up throwing up all over. I felt so bad for her. She had wires all over her, she was throwing up it was such a bummer. I am glad she did as well though because that is how Caitlin is able to get alot of her mucous out(sorry I know gross)

The tech came in and was so good. He just kept handing me towels and comforting her and me as well. I always feel really bad when this happens in public or what have you because I feel like people get so grossed and don't understand as much. He asked if we wanted to try another day I said no because to be honest Caitlin gets a lot of colds right now. I can't wait for summer time because we have been sick so much this winter. So point being I could have rescheduled for another time but there would not have been a guarantee she would be 100% healthy

We were already there it was late and I knew since she did throw up it wasn't going to happen again and she would do alot better.

So we had to take off all her wires change her into another set of pj's and start from square 1

by the time we got her all done it was probably close to 1 am.

She slept a little bit better but would kind of toss a bit here and there and so I had to make sure that she would not get tangled up so I got about maybe an hour of sleep.

so didn't go quite as I had hoped for but because we had a very patient and understanding tech I felt good.


we find out her results of her sleep study this Friday as well as her X-Rays for her Adenoids

We also do our hearing test this Friday as well. So we should know if we are going to need surgery or not.


Other then that we are doing great!!! Caitlin seems like she is really starting to put words together. She says I don't want it and she tells me what she wants. If I sneeze she will say Bless You Mommy, I say Thank You she says Welcome!!

When I come to get her from somewhere or when she wakes up she says Hi mommy!!!!! or Hi Diddon!!!! She likes to talk on the phone and loves to pretend to put on make-up. She loves to test you as well she will look right at you while she is doing something naughty and smile.


Dillon is doing well to. Since we have moved all he wants to do is play outside and ride his scooter. He wants to get a skateboard because everyone else has one so that's one thing we are debating on.

No comments: